Thursday, February 26, 2015

Welcome to Diane's Real Estate Blog!

Welcome to Diane's Real Estate Blog!
  
Whether you are considering a move to Tampa from another city, state, or country or you are considering a move from within Tampa, welcome!
I am a Florida licensed Realtor® who has been living in Florida for over 30 years.  My office is Florida Executive Realty which has 5 offices in the Greater Tampa area.  Please visit my website:  www.DianeAcken.com

Let's talk.  If you are considering a move to Tampa, let me tell you about the area.  

Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater is the metropolitan area known as Tampa Bay.  If you live on the West coast of Florida in the counties of Hillsborough or Pinellas, you live in the Tampa Bay area.  It is a large geographical area, so depending on your needs, one of these cities could be the right place for you to live.  We have no snow here.

The population of the Tampa Bay area is almost 2.9 million people.  Everyone lives here:  young, old, and in-between. 

St. Petersburg and Clearwater border the Gulf of Mexico, so if you are interested in a beach property, those are great cities to live (or visit).  

Tampa is where I live and work.  It is where I sell the most homes.  

Let's talk.  What is keeping you from living in Florida?  

I ask this to many Florida visitors that I meet.  The most common response is:  I would love to live in Florida but my family or friends have lived in another state for many years and they don't want to move.  

I understand. 

Guess what?  Most Florida residents lived in another state or country at one time.  

I was born in the Northeast United States.  I didn't have a choice to move here.  My family was transferred here due to a corporate job transfer.  I was a dependent child at the time. Goodbye friends, family, school, and town where I was born.  

There were adjustments, but it was the best thing that could have ever happened to me.  

At that time, I had never been to Florida, but my Grandparents would go to Florida every year during the cold northern winters.  

We call people who are here for the winter "snow birds".  Some are here from Fall to Spring, others are here for a month or two during those months.  It is wonderful to have them here.  Our businesses are busier and many of these people eventually make Florida their permanent home when they see all that Florida has to offer them.   Did you know that Florida has no State Income Tax?  That is because our visitors and semi-permanent residents pay sales tax which supports many of our services.  

I advise people who are buying a home in Florida to choose a home with one extra bedroom, especially if they are from an area outside of Florida.  People will visit.  I guarantee it.  In addition, they may soon make the opportunity to move here.  You won't be on your own for long.  Also, you also will never have to shovel snow or scrape ice off of your car windows here.  

Does it sound like a place where you would consider living?  

Let's talk.  







  



1 comment: